Nature's Monster

They crash against the dangerous creatures, fighting their way through, some making, it some not. It’s the sound of death. Waves against rocks is something to fear. People drown, people become part of the rocks and get smashed, they hit their heads, they get devoured by the ocean. Deadly they are, especially the 2:00 o’clock waves. They hear stories, true stories but think they are fake, well it turns out the people's voices are fake. They say they will be back at 4, but ‘surprisingly’ they never return. Days later bodies found on rocks, covered in deadly open gashes but no blood as the water took any evidence away. Two come the day after, tourists, not knowing of the dangers that lurk. They observe first, calm as can be but as soon as they enter, they get a surprise. They’re hit, The Monster has got them, starting to devour them when they break free. Climb into a cave when that’s not the smart way and nearly get devoured once more. They smash their backs against the fighting pair, trying to find a way home. They find an exit swim fast they must but like a shark comes racing back in. Smash again, The Monster grabbing them once more pulling and pulling away. But then again, they break free of the monsters grasp.

THEY are people, they are the victims of The Monster. The two people who survived the Earth’s dangerous creatures are nameless at the moment but are known as The Girl and The Boy, they are from another part of the world, not knowing of the dangers that lurk. The Girl and The Boy are from an archipelago, who knows where. All The Girl and The Boy wants is a nice swim when it turns into a riot. A battle between humans, water and rocks a battle that nature should win, but The Girl and The boy change that, for once humans win and The Monster loses. This is a warning to everyone, be careful, be cautious and don’t let the monster get you. IF The Monster gets you, then you are already gone. Only The Girl and The Boy speak of this tale as they are the ones who have survived The Monster. Another warning, The Monster is immortal, the only thing more powerful, is the changing of this Earth.

The only reason that The Girl and The Boy survived is the same reason some people survive gunshots, the same reason people survive floods and Tsunamis, the same reason some people survive a heart attack. Luck.

The force is too much, the temperature too little and the boundaries too small. This is the work of human nature or more known as, The Monster. The Monster is the work of rocks and water, The Monster is the work of natural disasters, The Monster is the work of Death. So trust ME when I say, don’t think you can take on this beast, because once again, you will fail.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!