Good, Evil And Hope

It was a battlefield. Good on one side and Evil on the other. The world was in between.
Evil struck the world, but Good did nothing.
Poverty, racism, homelessness, war, bombings, betrayal and loss.
Evil wreaked havoc on the blameless. Good did not lift a finger.
Evil lifted its hand preparing for the final blow, but stopped.
It looked at Good waiting for any kind of retaliation. Some act of defence.
But Good sat down tears in its eyes and still did nothing.
“You are no better than me,” Evil said. Then it brought down its hand and the world shook.
Everyone there lay dead, all because Good had done nothing.
They both began to turn away from the scene, but a small noise stopped them. It was so quiet, but it was there, and it was heard.
A girl sat on the ground in the middle of the destruction,
Streaked with dirt and blood, and wearing scrappy clothing.
They looked at the girl in wonder. Something so fragile and innocent had survived.
She looked back and a smile shone on her face. “I am Hope,” She said.
“I thought that you weren’t here anymore,” said Good.
“I never left,” Hope replied. Good did nothing. Evil did something. Hope did everything.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!