Tennis Kid

“Match point” the umpire said. It was match point for Max and if he hit a lovely shot, he would win the game! Max’s opponent was serving, he hit it on the server box and Max hit a forehand and he just hit the baseline, but his opponent said that it went out… so Max went over and said. “That is clearly in, see look I can see the ball mark just on the baseline!” Max’s opponent gave him an evil stare while they shook hands, Max’s opponent is very frustrated and well Max is a very happy BOY!
“Well that was a very good start, wasn’t it! Well if you don’t know me I’m Max Smith and I'm fourteen years old, I love playing tennis and I like doing other things as well like playing golf and AFL, I have two older sisters and one younger brother, as well as mum and dad!” “Today is a very special day, I’m playing my grand finals at Donvale Tennis Club, my home club, there will be a big crowd full of people and it will be a lot of fun!
Max and his family just arrived at Donvale Tennis Club and Max was getting the butterfly feeling in his stomach, he wasn’t feeling sick or anything he was just feeling nervous, like what most people feel like! Max signed his name on a piece of paper so the people on his team know he was there, but then he saw the person he was playing against, it was a person that he knew for a while, and his name was Jack Bryan. He was a very mean kid at Max’s primary school. He wouldn’t even listen to his teacher and Max was in the same class as Jack so Max was getting a little bit annoyed by that. One thing that happened to Jack, he was kicked out of primary school because he hurt Max really badly and Max had to go to hospital for nearly 3 weeks. Max has hated Jack ever since!
Max was about to start his game until all of Jack’s teammates came over and started teasing Max, “Hey there Maxxy boi” Jack said in a mean way, “Hi?” Max said. “I will beat you in this tennis match today and if you beat me I will badly hurt you like what I did in primary school!” “Ok…” Max said!
The game was about to start, Jack was serving, he smashed it and Max hit a lovely forehand….
1 Hour later!
Match point, if max won the next point Max would win, Max hit a nice forehand and he smashed it and won the game! He had won the Donvale Tournament! And he was never bothered by Jack ever again. Max was so happy!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!