Kitty And Owner’s Adventure To The Moon

Once upon a time there was a cat called Kitty and an owner called Owner. One day they won a competition to go to the moon, after they found the winning token in the cereal box! The very next day Kitty and Owner were on a plane to NASA headquarters for the adventure of a lifetime. NASA had already made special spacesuits for them, that weighed over 100 kilograms each. Once Kitty was inside the spacesuit he couldn’t move at all, so they put him onto a trolley to wheel him around.
The Apollo 36 was a new type of rocket that was designed to land back on Earth in one piece. Kitty and Owner were wheeled into the rocket with three other astronauts. All of a sudden there was the countdown to take off, but it wasn’t a very good countdown because it went “10, 7, 2, 8, 4, 6, 5, 128, 67, 1, 0 lift off!” Kitty wasn’t happy because he was put into a kitty carrier to stop him from floating around on the way up to space, but once they were in space Kitty was allowed out. The Apollo 36 took three days to fly to the moon.
Kitty, Owner and an astronaut got into the lunar module and flew down to the moon at lunar dawn. They were going to visit a new moon base built for astronauts and tourists. Once inside they took off their spacesuits and Kitty started jumping around. He floated down the hall, into the kitchen and accidentally bumped the stove and started a fire! Suddenly the alarms started ringing loudly, “EVACUATE, EVACUATE!”
Everyone raced back to the lunar module, grabbing their spacesuits on the way. As the module headed back to the Apollo 36, Owner looked out the window and saw the moon base explode. The module quickly flew back to the rocket, and then the crew headed straight back to Earth. As the Apollo 36 descended back into the atmosphere, they lost contact with NASA for 3 minutes. Then they reappeared, and the rocket landed back on the NASA base. No-one ever spoke about how a cat destroyed the moon base, and the moral of this story is never let cats go into space!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!