Me, A Refugee

The foamy water took my eye, the fierce sun in my sight. The broken bodies drifted by,
The red lifeboat in plight. I clenched my fist for hell to bleed!
Eyes in doubt, soul quite slight, mind in awe, hopes dismal- Self as black as fractured light.
Aspiration, ‘O so gracious, the situation is poor. Watercraft took off in slaughter, boat drifting on the water.
“Please get us there,” the people prayed. “Sit down you useless scum!”
"Water is not the place for us!” “But land is yet to come.”
He cut the boat and pressed for pay, They came with open hands.
“Get off the ship or give money.” “Watches off or make new plans.”
“I’m stuck here like a useless thing." The fears of death ring stray.
We will spend time on Manus too, “I rather drown then fee.”
Days go by I help my siblings. Who weep for food and drink.
We’re the pillaging people, Who rot and rot and think.
Weeks are gone like leaves on timber. We’re finally a-shore.
I spend my time on Manus now, back to home I go no-more.
Brothers and I in adulthood. We’re still with no passport.“
Please let us leave, we need a home!” "This place has no transport.”



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!