Fate

The conveyor belt inched forward, the mechanical drone of the belt was drowned out by the inconsistent bang of a gun. Sometimes the fire was rapid, others it wouldn't fire for three to four minutes. But it was always there. After the world was plunged into the Fifth World War many countries decided to purify their population for maximum efficiency in money and battle. The Seekers are a group of people who can see the future. They see who is good, who is bad, who will succeed and who will not. The weak are eliminated at birth, while the strong are raised to their maximum potential. If the subject does not have high nor low prospects they will be put into labour and work for the capital. I can remember from back when I was a child, I was born and then put onto another one of the conveyor belts. And here I am now Seeing these children's future and deciding their fate with the click of a button. I have never known by parents, they were probably labourers. After being declared a Seeker I was immediately taken and raised from day one to what is right and what is wrong I have known no friends nor peers. I have only learnt of the past through my ability to see through time. I was not supposed to learn of the fallout of 2093, I was not supposed to learn of our presidents war-crimes I was not supposed to think for myself. And after killing countless innocent souls I have finally learnt to do what I think is right. As I flick the switch on my arm I transport all the information I've learnt to the millions of labourers brain chips, while simultaneously disabling their shock collars. I plan to cause a revolution, as my brain overloads I drop to my knees with a smile on my face and the conveyor belts shut down. There is no more drone and there are no more shots, ever again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!