Take A Stand

The grass whips my face as I run, low to the ground on my 4 legs. Bang! A searing pain shoots up my leg and I slump down on the hard dry ground. A strange creature towers over me and starts kicking me, then he picks me up and throws me in the cage. Everything goes black.
I wake bumping up and down on the back of a roaring monster. I twist in the cage and the thin metal bars press down into my skin. My throat is dry, no freedom, no food and no water. I twist around and see an empty dart sticking into my leg.
An hour later the monster goes over a particularly big mound of dirt and my cage flips over. I see a bar slide in the cage I get my claw and slide the bar aside completely. Then the monster goes silent I hear something slam then about a minute later another thing slams. I start to smell smoke but I don’t dare move. Then I hear something stomping towards me and I see it.
He grabs my cage and slams it onto the ground. The pain sears through my body. I yelp in pain and start to struggle. He sticks me with some sort of needle with coloured fluid that stabs into my body. I go rigid and hard then he starts swinging my body down onto the ground again and again. Then he emits a low growl.
I wake up in a place full of bustling crowds. I’m in a smaller cage teetering on a ledge high above all the creatures walking around I see a gap and lean forward plummeting to the ground and my cage shatters. I look around and see a fellow cheetah collapsed on the ground. It has blood soaking its pelt. I ignore the pain in my chest and run towards freedom. I look back and see the cheetah raise its head and look at me. Then its head drops and I know it’s gone.
I make it to freedom but I don’t feel very happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!