Paranormal


“Zzzzzzzz.” I snored. I had fallen asleep in class again.

“Sam!” shouted my teacher. “Wake up!”

I abruptly awoke from my slumber and, feeling a bit embarrassed, asked if I could go to the toilet. My teacher said yes but I couldn’t fall asleep again whilst I was there. In the bathroom, I heard an unnatural moaning sound coming from a dark corner in front of me.

“What was that?” I wondered.

I peered into the gloom. Was it some kind of spectre? Maybe I was hallucinating, but I went back to my classroom, where I wasn’t going to be alone with no-one to help me, just in case.

We were learning something about maths, I think. It was the last day of school so I was too excited to pay attention. Thankfully, I didn’t see any sign of the strange spectre. I mentioned it to my friend, Angus, who agreed that I was probably seeing things. There is no way that kind of thing would exist and follow me around, right? Just then, the lights flickered and I swear I saw the spectre again - my paranormal stalker. I think Angus probably saw it too because his face was as white as paper!

“Yay!!! It’s finally the holidays and I don’t have to worry about school anymore!” I exclaimed. “I’m guessing that I might still have to deal with that ghost dude, but who cares?! I’m free!”

After a few hours of celebrating my freedom, I FaceTimed Angus and talked about the spectre. He said that he definitely saw it and it positively, 100%, creeped him out. I replied to him by telling him not to worry, since it was only interested in me. Soon, I got him to calm down and started celebrating my freedom again on my iPad, playing my games but my parents found out at 2:00 am and took it away.

After I woke up from only 6 hours of sleep, I went to try and get my iPad from my mum and dad’s room and found it was quite easy, since they were both fast asleep. When I went downstairs to connect to the Wi-Fi, I heard the moaning again. I spun round, looking for the noise. I really wanted to get rid of this spectre!

I grabbed a broom handle from the kitchen and turned the lights off to lure the phantom out. It slid out from the middle of the kitchen wall. It was the size of a large man and it was glowing and it had a sword!

I madly slashed at it but it deflected most of my attacks. Finally I managed to jab through its defences. The spectre started leaking ectoplasm and it was weakening! It swung at me but I quite easily blocked it. I jumped up in the air and delivered the final blow to its head. It poofed into dust. I had defeated it!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!