Terror Island


The boat rocked and threw Lexie to the onto front deck. The storm was getting worse.
“Help! Somebody! I just wanted to find my dad!”
The boat rocked one more time then came to a stop. Through all the fog Lexie could see an island, with no people on it. Before she got hurt one more time, Lexie scrambled to what she thought was safety, not knowing trouble was coming.

“Hello,” said a deep low voice.
“Who’s there? Where are you?” said Lexie quivering.
When there was no reply, Lexie walked forward, to her surprise a growl came from behind her. She slowly turned around.
“AARRHH!!! Oh. Huh? There’s nothing there!”
The growl came again. Yellow eyes came out from the blackness. Then a nose. Then big, sharp, razor teeth. It was… A GOBLIN!!!!!!

Before Lexie could run, the goblin grabbed Lexie with his claws. She was so close to the goblin’s face that she could feel the goblin’s breath. Lexie was terrified. Another voice came.
“Hello. Who are you?” someone said.
“BE QUIET!!!!!!!!” yelled the goblin to his prisoner.
But Lexie recognised that voice. It was her dad! She had found him! (not really). She was still in the goblin’s clutches.
“It’s me dad!” Lexie yelled.
“I know you! Is it really you? I can’t believe it. After so many years. Are you
L…L…Lexie?”
“Yes it’s really me.”
Although Lexie couldn’t see her dad, she knew that her dad loved her.
“I’m coming!” yelled Lexie.
“I SAID…..BE QUIET!!!!! Whoaoaoaoaoaoa, ” the goblin shrieked. Lexie looked down. Her dad was stabbing the goblin’s leg with a stick and toppling him over. After a few more stabs the goblin made a big THUD!
“DAD!”
Lexie ran into his arms.
Lexie’s dad softly kissed her on the head
“We’ve got to go now.”
As he spoke, the goblin respawned!
“I know this! It is the terror island game I play!” exclaimed Lexie.
”OOOOHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!” she yelled, “that stabbing won’t help now!”
“Lexie,” asked dad, “I’m not how I used to be. We’re in a different world now, this might sound weird, but I’ve got powers now but I’ll still need your help.” Lexie’s dad put his hand out. Lexie took it.
Her dad was flying up to the goblin’ s face. He put Lexie on a high stone to keep her safe.
“Dad! No! I want to help you!”
“No,” he replied firmly.
Lexie jumped onto the goblin’s shoulder and scratched him on the face. Green stuff oozed out of his cheek.
“Watch out!” yelled her father.
Lexie ducked under the goblin’s hand. Lexie saw her father fly into the goblin’s chest and then he fell down and didn’t respawn again.
“Dad let’s go. I’ve got a boat that survived the storm,” said Lexie.
They hurried into the boat before anything else could hurt them.
“Oh dad,” Lexie said with tears in her eyes, “I missed you so much.”
Without another word dad hugged Lexie so tight she nearly couldn’t breathe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!