Have We Always Lived In A Castle?

The lights flickered and then went off, then the sirens started, it was coming, I knew it wouldn’t be the last time… a shrill cry echoed in the mist. Footsteps slowly creaked on every step of the stairs. The bedroom door handle turned slowly… It was there and then it had gone My hair stood on end, a shiver raced down my spine and a lump came to my throat The clock stopped... 74 minutes past 19...it was time to get up I woke up with a start, something was in my room. The wardrobe doors opened and it came out of my wardrobe. Bleary-eyed, I went downstairs for breakfast, the house was empty Death lurked in every doorway with hell at one dark window Icy wind slashed and the rain danced its evil dance upon the glass I had never seen a ghost. But as they say, there is a first time for everything. "Witches don't exist!" My gran's words echoed around my head as the horrific visage glanced at me through my bedroom window. Icy fingers grabbed my arm in the silent darkness. A mythical version of my Gran's face channelled in front of a featured wall. How I had adapted was an unforgiving sign of my family's past. I got handed down this original, screen splitting 17th-century mansion. I feel like that I had entered the horror scene until my mind rewinded back that this was all a mythical drama.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!