Haunted House

Swallowing hard as I take one trembling, timid step towards the spine chilling, blood curdling, possessed haunted house. It is believed that no one has lived in there for over ten thousand years. The only reason I am doing this is because my friends are daring me to, as we were playing truth or dare.

As I open the front gate leading to the possessed house the crows squawk and quack flying away as I spring like a trampoline off the ground onto my back. I instantly get up and brushed myself. Turning red, feeling embarrassed as all my friends are laughing and watching very closely to make sure I go in that house.

My legs start to tremble with fear as I open the front door. A disturbingly loud squeak happens when l open it. I take the most possible small steps as I get closer and closer inside the pitch-black silent house.

I let go of the door as it slams shut behind me. Goosebumps crawl up my arms and legs as stand in complete darkness not be able to see a thing. I frantically wave my arms looking for a light switch or a light source somewhere around me. I hit my arm on what feels like the side of a wall.

With a slow pace I feel around the wall and feel a square out stood bit with a switch in the middle. With very slow hands I flick the switch up. I almost scream as fainted light appears in the room. l take deep breaths trying to stop myself from screaming as I see spider webs, old photos shattered on the ground of weird people that l have never seen before.

I take little steps not hurrying around the place looking at old creepy dolls, glass broken and teared paper.

Page Break

I make my way to the kitchen and search another wall for a different light as I am getting further from the other light source. I used the same frantic technique as I find a different switch assuming that it will turn on a light. My assumption was correct.

I slowly walk through the kitchen and see old rusted knives on the broken tiles as I make my way to the other side. I bounce unsteadily off the floor as the wind outside howls strongly making the house wobble. The ceiling starts to crumble into pieces falling with force onto the ground shattering part of the floor. My heart thumps loudly into my chest harder and harder as l realize what's happening. The house is falling apart. I take massive steps as part of the roof l was standing under had caved in on where l was. Suddenly the light peers through from where the roof had fallen. I run as fast as l can screaming to the front door. I jump and make it out before it collapses entirely. The end


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!