Family Of Three

Alice's heart was beating faster than the speed of lightning knocking through her stomach, keeping in time with the crashing thunder smashing her ears. Her eyes watering when looking into the moon. Her hand clutched tight, making a white fist. She was scared, mad and lost.

Trevor's feet lifted from the burnt leaves and dead branches. Crispy, black wildflowers fell from the top of the tree he was climbing. He paid close attention to Alice's green eyes. His ears as red as the fire burning in his head.

"Where did the world go?", Alice wimped turning around to Trevor, her back facing the moon now covered in dark clouds. Trevor didn't speak. He thought it was the right time to tell her, but he was interrupted by a faint sound of music. They looked each other in the eyes and ran from their worries.

The teenagers followed the music and found a group of people dressed in straw clothes and leather sandals. The family looked at the messy haired kids and slowly tilted their heads in confusion.

Some time had passed before Alice spoke "I am Alice. This is my boyfrien-" She quickly stopped herself, realising the mistake she made. Alice spoke once more, "this is Trevor, he is my ... friend". She looked down, but her beautiful eyes tilted up to view Trevor. He was looking at the sky with his palms together and his fingertips tapping his nose.

A month later Alice and Trevor were living happily with the bush group. This was the day the young boy inside Trevor finally spoke up. He walked into Alice's tent. She was playing with a little girl. Trevor smiled and bit his bottom lip, putting his shoulders up to his ears. He was nervous. He was scared. He had mixed emotions. He coughed to catch Alice's attention. "May I speak with you alone please Alice." His voice so quiet, his tone shook.
He confessed to Alice and they were both elated. Alice felt the same way that Trevor did, making them one unstoppable team.

8 Years Later -
A baby was born. "Hope Maree Sanders". A beautiful girl with hazel eyes and long fingers and her heart belonged to Trevor and Alice. Trevor held hands with Alice and their wedding rings brushed each other's knuckles. They looked each other in the eyes then turned to watch their baby girl.

They left the bush two years before Hope was born because the land had been burnt to a crisp. Now they are living in a city with trolleys and trains, there is a beach nearby and plenty of parks to explore. Their hearts fill more and more everyday as the family of three.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!