Elevator Music

Elevator Music


“Creek!” groaned the elevator as it came to a stop. My eye slowly drew to the strange person next to me. Its helmet turned in my direction as I quickly looked forward. I heard the rubbery suit rub against the shiny, silver elevator wall as it sat down. I pretended not to notice as its rubber glove drifted down my arm. One or two seconds passed before I yelled at it to “STOP”! I screamed and tore off its glove. I stumbled back in horror as I stared at its green hand beaming with a toxic glow. “AHHH!” I screamed again as a terrifying growl came from below the suit’s yellow helmet. It launched itself at me and rammed me against the wall, rocking the elevator. I leaped over to the opposite side just before it charged at me again.
“DONK!” Its bright yellow helmet boomed off the monster’s disgusting radio-active head, revealing an alien shaped head. Its head was an oval but the top bulged out to the side. It had no nose – only dark tall nostrils that were really thin, like two black ovals. Its eyes were the worst, ovals with a point at the end leading to the nostrils. Its bony body slithered out of the suit and it stared at me…ready to attack. One last growl erupted before it jumped at me. I nearly dodged its attack but before I could recover it sprang off the wall. It gnarled like a dog as its canine claws sank into the flesh on my arm. I howled at the pain as blood released from my wounds. I somehow managed to throw the animal like creature off my body that ached like an old woman’s bones. I quickly recovered and slowly eased myself up onto the elevator’s roof. Just before I climbed out, a pain sank into my leg. It was like the canine claws but they easily pierced and wrapped around my leg. A slight snarl came from below followed quickly by a sharp small “ooofffff”.
I slammed against the elevator door, letting out an enormous scream. I couldn’t go on anymore. “Ding!” The elevator doors opened to reveal a SWAT team aimed at the vicious beast. I heard its green blood erupt from its chest as it lay still on the elevator floor. I smiled faintly at the security camera staring back at me. I knew than an employee at the mall was smiling back!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!