Camping

“Oh no…” the bus driver was worried about something, the bus suddenly stopped at a campsite.
“I thought we were going to the beach?” I say confused
“we’re out of gas” the bus driver responded “but we could go camping instead” the bus driver suggested
“ok” me and my friends agree
We quickly hurry off the bus to go check out the campsite, I see a blue and red tent I also see some wood on the ground creating a fire. I look around and see some sort of cabin in the distance, me and my friends walk over to go check it out. Again I see wood on the ground creating a fire, I walk over and open the door. All I see are 4 sets of bunkbeds.
Me and my friends decide to go explore the woods, we find a bathroom my friend goes to the bathroom as I wait outside. “AHHHHHHH” I hear a scream coming from the bathroom, I rush in to see nothing, absolutely nothing… All of the sudden it goes pitch black.
“The power must have gone off...” I say to myself, I walk outside to see the blazing sun once again. I rush over and tell them what had just happened.
“what?! So he just disappeared?” my friend asks
“yea...” I respond
“well what are you waiting for? We have to go find him!” as he walks into the forest I follow along and we look for my friend.
A few minutes later we still haven’t found him.
“he’s got to be around here somewhere” my friend says
‘he must be..” I respond

Me and my friend hear a muffled sound around sounding like its coming from one of the trees, we look around the tree and see my friend tied to the tree with his mouth taped shut with a worried expression on his face. My friend quickly unties the rope that attached him to the tree as I take the tape off his mouth.
“what happened?!” I ask confused
“I was took by a dark figure, they cut my leg then took me here...” my friend says as he shows me the big cut on his leg. I hand him a bandage and he puts it on, we go back to the campsite and tell the others what happened. We all go to sleep in the tents, just before we went to sleep I see this dark figure in the forest I realise the time and that my Mum was meant to pick me up in 5 minutes. I wake up everyone telling them we must get to the beach now, we all run over to the where the bus was but it wasn’t there. My friend notices a beach in the distance and I see my Mum parking her car, I run over as quickly as I can I get in to the car about to say what had happened, but I stop knowing she would never believe me...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!