Vexx Shadow Walker’s Castle

The arctic mist around me turned black and icy fingers gripped my arm in the darkness. The frosty wind slashed at my face, I felt someone was watching me, the mysterious sound of footsteps creeped towards me. I felt anxious, what was coming my way? All of a sudden I lost my footing on one of the ice sheets and landed next to a strange gravestone. The stone was carved out letters Vexx shadowalker I started to shake, this cave might lead to Vexx’s abandoned castle, it wasn’t a myth, it was real. All explorers dare to go there....

I wondered through the cave, It started to get deeper and the frost started to fade. All sorts of ores glimmered in the cloudy air. A soft voice pieced my ears, I was startled. An intimidating shadow was coming nearer. In a flash the peculiar creature knocked me of the edge of an extremely steep cliff. But I was beaten I couldn’t go further and everyone back at the village probably thought I was dead. As I lay down on the dusty floor, men with spears ran my way I freaked out, it almost sounded like a heard of elephants running on top of me. They handed me a small box, I slowly opened the box waiting for something to leap out and kill me but surprisingly it was a rope necklace beaded with shells.
‘Take this and defeat Vexx, set us free!’
They reminded me of the tribes back at the village. They leaded me to a pit of lava with unsteady planks of wood, I placed one foot on carefully, it snapped. I decided to leap across the top, my foot just made it. The sound of hissing was beginning to get louder as I walked up the cave. My eyes flickered in to a vision of snakes guarding a tinderbox. I got closer I saw a stone button blending in with the stone surrounding. I was so tempted to press it, and I did. I glued my feet to the dusty floor and froze, the pit of snakes fell through the floor and the tinder box landed right at my feet, I carefully opened it inside was a key. Hours went by and I was starving there was one piece of bread left so I decided to save it. I felt a breeze across my face. I was about to step but I couldn’t feel the floor, I looked up i realised that I was about to step into the ender portal.....










FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!