Queens’ Race

I went to a hat shop and chose the pretty pink one. The time I touched it, it began to lift up. I held onto it, so I lifted up too. The pink hat had golden buttons and feathers on top. At the bottom there was a mysterious outline of a plum tree.The hat flew out and turned to the next corner, then heading to the most dangerous forest in the world, the Nevourgont Forest!

I watched pigeons and bees flying past me while the hat flew slowly. Finally it landed on the tallest tree. It looked just like the outline on the hat!

There was a computer dug out from the trunk. On it, I saw two women, whom I recognised immediately. They were Queen Elizabeth of England and Queen Mary of Scots! Mary and Elizabeth were having a horse race. They were both wearing piles of strange hats. Every now and then water would pour down and wash off their hats, this would slow them down too. Elizabeth said she could beat Mary with two strange hats on her head.The queen who won, would win billions of dollars!

Mary needed to think of a plan quickly. Just then, I had an idea! The hat sensed it and mysteriously took me inside the computer.
I could feel cool breeze blowing in my face. I took out a small silver mirror to check whether I was invisible.

I hovered above Mary and quickly scribbled my secret codes. I gave it to Mary who was pretty suprised to see a code chart just fell out of thin air! I showed her tips about horse-riding for I was pretty good at that. Mary nodded and said "Oh deary me! I haven't thought of that!" or "These tips are awesome!" Or she would frown "I already knew that!" or "This tip is boring."

I could see the finish line now. Mary and Elizabeth were so close!I watched anxiously to see who would finally win. Just then, I heard a big neigh behind me. I quickly turned and saw... THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HORSE I HAVE EVER SEEN! On the back of the horse, sat the judge. "Sorry,but I don`t have enough money for each of you to have billions of dollars. I will have to think about it. Well Done for your first horse-race though! Please shake hands."

I suddenly felt very sleepy,so the hat brought me out of the computer. It carried me home.

The next day I went to collect mails. Inside the mail box, there were three newspapers. One was about going on holiday to Mexico. Another was about how to fix a broken car. The last one`s heading was: Queen Mary vs Queen Elizabeth. Then I read: Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth had a horse-race. THEY WENT TIE and SHOOK HANDS!!! Somebody was giving tips to Queen Mary. Please call 2846 9471 817 if you know who it is.

I laughed. It was me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!