Fearless Or Fearful

Some people have normal fears heights, spiders, speaking in front of people. Of course everyone has a fear, just some fears are a bit peculiar like fear of gravity, wind and peanut butter getting stuck at the top of your mouth. When I said everyone has a fear, I meant to say everyone but Fleur. Fleur had no fears.
Fleur was writing her speech for class. She chose to do her speech on fears since she had no fears. She was researching some different fears and came across a lot of unusual fears. Fear of knees, she scrolled down the page, fear of hands, fear of long words. The list went on and on.
She eventually decided that she hated this project, she hated it so much it gave her a headache. She was reading about some more fears when she fell asleep on the keyboard of her computer. She dreamed of hands, knees and long words. She realised she was absolutely petrified of all of these things.
On the way to school the next day. She realised that she was terrified of everything, but those fears were not as bad as when she went into class. She was sitting there whilst the teacher was explaining what everyone had to write. Then the class started to write but Fleur just sat there. The teacher stared at Fleur, the teacher kept staring at Fleur until the teacher must’ve gotten sick of this game.
“What’s wrong with you Fleur? Have you forgotten how to write?”
“No miss, I have a fear of writing and pencils and pens and paper and…”
“No, I have heard enough Fleur. Write!”
Fleur went to speak but she realised she was afraid of that to. Then a kid (a really annoying kid) named Percy stood up.
“Percy, sit down,” the teacher demanded.
“No miss, uh, sorry. I just have something very important to say.”
“Well say it!”
“Fearless Fleur has turned into Fearful Fleur,” he paused and then continued, “I don’t think this is Fleur.”
Fleur sat in her chair and just stared at Percy. She was so angry at Percy for being so insolent. All of a sudden her fear was gone. It was like all she needed was anger to drain away her fears. Fleur stood up and walked across the room to Percy.
“I’ll tell you whose fearful Percy,” she ran towards Percy who cowered down and sat back in his chair. “You.” Fleur walked back to her chair pleased with what she had accomplished. The teacher didn’t even say anything because she was so surprised with how quickly Fleur could change from fearful to fearless.
The whole class was laughing so hard. Not at Fleur, but at Percy. Fleur thought quietly to herself, ‘Percy really knows how to make a fool out of himself.’ And then louder Fleur announced, “Fearful Fleur, who has ever heard of such a thing.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!