Zombie Apocalypse

The scientists have accidentally released Chemical X, a chemical once in contact with a human can turn them into a zombie. ‘Beep! Beep! Beep!’ The sirens rang, notifying all the staff in the labs that there was a breach and they had to evacuate. “Everyone evacuate now, Chemical X has been breached!” yelled the receptionist through the intercom.

After everyone had evacuated the army came and barricaded each exit. “Arg! Grrr!” yelled a scientist. The others all looked at the yelling scientist, confused so they slowly backed away. “ He-He’s t-t-turning into a zombie!” stammered a soldier. The scientists ran off but the soldiers stayed and drew their weapons. The zombie pounced onto a soldier and bit him on the hand. “Argh! He got me, I’m turning into a zombie!”cried the soldier as blood dripped down. “Sorry Paul but, FIRE!!!”shouted the sergeant. ‘Tk! Tk! Tk!’ The two zombies dropped to the ground after the volley of bullets. What the soldiers didn’t notice was that Chemical X had made it out of the building and was spreading.

Soon the whole Southern region of the city was covered in Chemical X. Zombies slowly emerged out of the chemical fog and stumbled towards the Northern region of the city. The whole defence department were already ready and aimed their rifles at the Southern side of the city. Helicopters flew around as tanks patrolled the streets which was completed deserted because everyone in the Northern region of the city was in lockdown. ‘Boom! Bam!’ The helicopters fired their rockets at the zombies. The zombies flew in all directions with some flying and knocking over some other zombies. The tanks drove to the defence line and continued the line, they pointed their barrels at the zombies and aimed. ‘Tk! Tk! Tk! Tk! Tk!’ Volleys of bullets flew at the zombies but they continued to stumble to the defence line. “Fall back soldiers!”shouted the commander.

The soldiers ran back as the tanks fired exploding shells at the zombies. ‘Bam! Boom!’ The zombies flew forward and bit the metal but one bit the petrol tank. ‘Boom!’ The tank exploded and soon a zombie army was forming. “We are calling in a nuke, everyone evacuate as far as you can now!”called the commander through the speaker. People ran out of the buildings and got into their cars or just ran. After about ten minutes the commander said the nuke would hit in five seconds. “Three… two… one!”shouted the commander through the speakers. ‘Boom!!!’ the nuke exploded and released a blinding light for about thirty seconds. Everyone would’ve remembered that moment.

After two months the defence department and the people started to come back and see the damage. Plants were all shrivelled and buildings were crumpled. Dozens of zombies lay on the floor and the ground had cracks in it, the clean up was just starting.

After a year the city was clean and new again. Buildings and roads also got rebuilt making it a liveable place.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!