A Change Of Gods

Whoosh! The wind howled louder than usual. I kicked a large rock along the long path. My red hair swayed in the wind. My eyes, dark green, were dry from the wind blowing into them. The rock reached the beginning of a street and stopped moving. I stared at it confused. It began to shake and flew towards me at an immense speed. I was frozen in shock. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t scream. Nothing, I was dead. I shut my eyes preparing for what was about to happen when,

Clunk! I’m dead, I’m dead… Wait, I thought. I open my eyes and see a large metal object in front of me. I begin to look up and was startled to see a tall, bearded man holding a large metal sword. Was it? No, it couldn’t be. “Hercules?” I whisper.
“That’s the name, now run,” He said. I stood up and began to run. I looked behind my shoulder and saw another tall bearded man running towards me.
“RUN!” Hercules screamed at me. I ran faster than I had ever had before. I finally came to a ‘safe’ location and fell to the floor when CRASH! Through the bricks of the house I sat next to. He briefly looked at me and I realised that it was the god of the underworld. “Hades,” I said. Not too long after I saw a winged woman. Again, very tall. I instantly knew who she was too. Nike! This is too much! I must be dreaming! I thought to myself.

I looked at what I could do but there was nothing! I closed my eyes and began sobbing. Briefly out of the corner of my eye I saw Nike get knocked to the floor. Hades began walking closer to her. I couldn’t do anything, again I couldn’t move. I looked to my left and saw Hercules injured and on the road. Hades continued to walk towards Nike. He stood in front of her and stuck out his hand.
“Let me help you,” he sighed in a deep voice.
“Never,” Nike whimpered. Hades lifted his hand. Nike began to float.
“So much for the god of victory” Hades whispered into Nike’s ear.
A large spark appeared out of Hades hand. He aimed it at Nike and…
“NO!” I screamed! Hades shot the spark killing Nike. He began to run towards me.

I felt my body falling. I couldn’t move though. I regained conscience and looked around. I was in a pitch-black room. In the distance I see a beautiful woman flying towards me. It was Nike! She flew into me and I began falling again. This time I woke up back in the real world. I looked at Nike, still dead on the ground and Hercules injured.
I stood up and felt my whole body rise into the air. I looked behind me and saw beautiful wings.
“You messed with the wrong people Hades, now prepare yourself. This might get messy,” I said determinedly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!