Left Behind





Left Behind

My name is Gracie, and I’m 12 years old. I live with my parents, my eldest sister Lilly, and my little brother Henry. We have a dog called Snowy, that’s very friendly. In a day, we’re going on a holiday to California for two months.

“Gracie, are you finished packing?” Mum yelled. “Yes mum!” I replied. Tomorrow we have to wake up early in the morning. I should set my alarm clock to the proper time, so I don’t wake up late.

“Beep beep beep!” my alarm clock went. I quickly ran into my parent’s room, but they weren’t there! Neither were Lilly and Henry! That’s weird, why would they leave me behind? I was really looking forward to going to California.

It’s getting to dinner time now, I should have tea. I have to give Snowy tea as well. “Snowy, dinner time!” I yelled. Snowy, what are you looking at? He was looking at a person standing in our backyard. “Oh no, there’s someone standing outside” I whispered.

Later I was in my bed, with my dog sleeping next to me. Suddenly…… I heard the dog flap moving up and down. “Oh yikes, I can hear footsteps coming up the stairs” I whispered. In the corner of my eye, I could see someone standing in the middle of my doorway! I saw the person walk into my closet, and hide in there!

I'm so scared, but so tired. Waking up to a loud thud, I scream! I wanted to call my parents, but the phone was in the kitchen. Then I saw my closet open, and the person came out and walked downstairs! I think the person took Snowy! I quietly walked around the house, and I found Snowy.

The person was gone, and I thought that I should call my parents. I rang my mum’s phone and it went “Beep” about five times. I said “Hello”, and it sounded like a man saying, I will kill you if you don’t do what I say! Then I hung up, and went to watch television in my room. That was creepy! They would have to have, my mum’s phone, to answer!

After a while, I started to hear loud thuds slamming against the window! So I looked behind me and there was blood scattered along the window! Then suddenly……. I saw all my family’s bodies getting chucked to the window! “AAAGGGHHH!!!” I screamed. That can’t be my family, they’re not meant to be back yet!

I’m terrified! That means all my family is dead! Now it’s only me left! Then I heard the doorbell ring, and I opened the door. All my family was standing right in front of me! They all yelled “April fools!” “That’s so not funny” I say. “Did you even go to California?” I ask. “No” they all replied. “How did you pull this prank on me, without me knowing?” I ask “Well, it’s a long story to tell” they all reply.


The end




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!