Ocean Dwellers

I used to have a normal life. I went to school, came home you know, the usual. But that all changed on my 13th birthday.
I was with my friends about to blow out my candles, when all of a sudden everyone dropped dead like flies. I looked around. Everyone looked dead...very dead. I nudged my best friend Lillie. Nothing. "Argh." I looked down. She was breathing! "Oh thank goodness!" I sighed. That's when it hit me! A prank! "Oh ha ha, very funny guys you can get up now!" I waited for them to all jump up and laugh but they didn't. They just lay there. "Okay guys time to have cake! Guys!" I started panicking. Will they live? When will they get up? What will happen if they don't get up? I plonked myself on the floor, tears in my eyes. 'This was the end' I thought. No more friends. No more family. No more nothing! Then it happened, a blinding light filled the room. It was like the flash on a camera except a lot bigger and brighter. Once the spots in my eyes cleared, I noticed a strange figure standing on the other side of the room...a non-humanly figure. It was a mix between blue, purple and green and had this faint blue-green aurora surrounding it. Instead of hands and feet with toes, it had webbed talons with claws and instead of skin it had scales. It had a tail, 4 legs, wings and bright turquoise lights shining on its scales. I stared at it in shock. ' A dragon,' I thought, 'a real live dragon!' " Hello CP!" The dragon dipped its head. "H...hello”, I slowly stood up, too afraid to do anything else. "There is no need to be scared CP. I am Ocean Moana. Guardian of the ocean, Queen of the Ocean Dwellers on Planet Sunset of the Galaxy of Dragons and I am here to take you home...to your own kind and kingdom." There was another flash but this time I opened my eyes to a beautiful coral reef. "Wow" I looked down and gasped, I was a dragon and breathing underwater. "Where am I?" I didn't know why I asked because I knew I was on Planet Sunset. SPLASH! "Welcome home Princess Clearpool.”
So that's how I found out I wasn't human, and I was a Princess. Ha! 10 years later and I'm Queen of the Ocean Dwellers and daughter of our previous queen, Ocean Moana. Even now I find it a shock that I wasn't human. You're probably wondering 'So why were you on Earth and what happen in those 10 years?' Well I'm sorry to say...but that's another story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!