Oh! I Love Cake

OH! I LOVE CAKE

Hi, my name is Ada and if there is anything I would eat the answer will always be cake. Me myself I love cake.“Darling are you ready to go to school? Your breakfast is ready, I have made your favourite” shouted my Mum. Oh yay, I thought, it must be cake!

“Yum! That cake was amazing Mum.” Now it is time to go to school. It is my friend's birthday today and she said I can come to her party on Saturday. Her name is Alyssa and she is turning 10.

On the way to school I made Alyssa a happy birthday card. When we got to school I saw Alyssa handing the invites out to the rest of the class. I finished putting my stuff away and walked up to Alyssa. She had nothing in her hands which means no invite for me.

I went over to a very good friend of mine, Darcey and she had an invitation in her hands. “Hey Darcey, could I read that note please” I said, politely.
This is what it said:


ALYSSA’S 10th BIRTHDAY

Time: 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
The setting: Tuns of Fun
Parents number: 46458097640
RSVP: Call 46458097640

I had never been this unhappy in my life. The rest of the day I was alone and sad. At lunch I saw Alyssa being hugged by every person she walked past. I could tell that Alyssa was having the best day of her life and I was having the worst.

Later that day I was walking home and I was so upset that I wasn’t getting invited to the party which means I wouldn’t get to eat any party cake. When I arrived home my Mum was excited to see me, she had something for me. “Ada sweetheart, I have something for you,” she said. I ran over to her and saw the party invitation in her hands. “Alyssa wanted me to give you this” she said. So Ada ended going to the party and ate some cake!



The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!