Sammy Green Soccer Goal

SAMMY GREEN’S SOCCER GOAL

One cold, winter morning, Sammy green left to go to his first day of year five. It was a new school, and his anxiety grew by the second. When he arrived, his first class was sport. Sammy loved playing soccer. He was the champion of his team last year. The class got split into two teams, and Sammy was the last to get chosen. The two captains fought over who would get him, until eventually Sammy got left out of the game.

Every day that happened to him, as well as being pushed and shoved. One day Sammy wanted to show them how good he was, so he signed up for the club team. Their first game came quickly, and when it started, Ben Soper, the captain, and his friends never passed him the ball.

After half time, the score was five all. Sammy was determined to get the last goal, so he ran as hard as he could, tackled the ball and dribbled toward the goal. This was his only chance. He took a step backward, and kicked as hard as he could. The ball flew into the air, bent around the goal keeper and slammed into the goal.

Everyone cheered. Sammy got lifted into the air and the world went fuzzy. They had won. He was so happy. Everyone was happy.

Ever since that goal, his experience at school was better, some people still disliked him, but his best friend was Ben Soper, and they did everything together. All was good.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!