Octopus In My Pool

There was an octopus in my pool. So it all started while I was getting ready to have a swim. Once I got outside, I saw a huge purple octopus with a smiling face and googly eyes. I was terrified but I really wanted go for a swim, so I tiptoed across the concrete. The moment I got there, I sat still, then the octopus said, "Hello." So I said hello back. Then I asked for its name. "Harold" said the octopus, so he asked for my name. "Angus." "Nice to meet you, Angus," said Harold but I just smiled.
After a while of sitting down in the pool, I asked him what he was doing here. Suddenly Harold looked upset, so I asked him what's wrong. "The beach has been taken over by humans, so I can't swim there anymore." When I heard Harold's story, I felt sorry for him but it wasn't the humans’ fault.
So I told Harold, "Don't worry, you can come to my pool anytime you want." Suddenly Harold wasn't sad anymore but he was very happy about what Angus said. They became the best of friends. From now on Angus and Harold would see each other 3 times a week and that's the story of the octopus in my pool.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!