Senior Year

Year twelve is the definition of liminality.
Your whole life you’ve been taking steps and as you grow the distance of the steps you take grow with you.
We spend eleven years of schooling preparing ourselves for this event called senior year.
The year of firsts and lasts, the year we either live through and thrive or the year many of us just barely survive.
Year twelve would feel amazing, If it didn’t feel so terrible.
Even though it's the point we’ve longed for, the freedom we have been chasing after for half of our conscious lives,
It's scary to give up the familiarity and security of streamlined education.
Its scary to let go of something we have been taught to grip onto for dear life,
Something that has been our identity, our everyday, our normal, our comfortable scheduled routine.
To be on that threshold, between looking back on our history, (accomplishments and failures alike)
To looking towards the future, that cloudy unknown filled with hidden gifts and disasters.
It's exhilarating and terrifying to be standing on this precipice, all of us hand in hand, until we are forced to let go.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!