The Latest Drug

Scroll down, swipe right and double tap.
The apocalypse is coming.
The one where phones take over people’s minds and take over humankind.
You are sitting next to someone who was once a lover, family or friend,
ignoring them until the notifications end.
We cannot recharge, reboot or restart,
yet we remain dependent on the friend we hold with our hand.
You lose your imagination and individuality through likes, telling us how to live.
Struggling to see the inner truth.
Parents sacrificing life’s touch and children losing that connection.
Living through the screens than through reality.
The sound of tapping screens causes a landslide of anxiety.
This new version of Planet Earth is unbearable.
Scroll down, swipe right and double tap.
The apocalypse is here.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!