The Fish Market


One busy afternoon at the bottom of Sydney Harbour, Jelly went to the fish market to get some new food and clothes. Jelly was a small and purple jellyfish. Jelly was very excited to buy his new clothes and eat his new food.


When Jelly was paying for his grapes he placed his bags of food and clothes on the ground next to him. Before he knew it, Mr Star snatched his bags and began running off with Jelly’s purchases. Mr Star was a short and red starfish that everyone loathes. Jelly chased after Mr Star but as he was running he tripped and fell. By the time he stood up and brushed himself off, Mr Star was out of sight.


Jelly walked back to the Fish Market gloomily.

“What’s the matter?” asked his good friend Snappy.

“Mr Star stole all my bags that I bought from the market!” replied Jelly, “do you know where I can find Mr Star?” Luckily for Jelly, Snappy was a very smart red lobster who was the mailman, he knew all the addresses for all the sea creatures in Sydney Harbour. Snappy gave Jelly directions and Jelly set off to find Mr Star.


As Jelly was walking, he was thinking about how he was going to get back his purchases, surely Mr Star wouldn't just willingly pass them over. Jelly decided he needed help. He went and asked Bill and Sharky, two of the strongest fish in Sydney Harbour to come and confront Mr Star with him.


Jelly, Bill and Sharky walked off in the direction of Mr Star’s place, to go and get all of Jelly’s purchases back. When they arrived, they peered through the window of Mr Star’s house. They noticed Mr Star and Mrs Star sitting around a table with two small starfish. Mr Star was helping the small starfish put on the clothes he had stolen from the Fish Market. Mrs Star was cutting up the food and sharing it around the table to the starfish family.

”I think they are very poor, just look at the state of their house” said Jelly.

“Maybe we should let them keep it” says Bill.

“NO!” shoutes Jelly. The whole starfish family turned around and looked at the window.

”He should have asked if he wanted some, it’s mine” said Jelly.

”But if he wants something we will give it to him won’t we Jelly?” asks Bill.

”We will give him some money to go get his own food and clothes Bill” replied Jelly.

So Jelly, Bill and Sharky went to the front door and knocked. Mr Star nervously opened the door. “Can you please give my things back Mr Star?” asked Jelly.

”Fine, but can I have some I’m not that wealthy” asks Mr Star.

”No, but here is some money” says Jelly.

”Whoa!” shouts Mr star.

”I’m here if you ever need me” says Jelly.

”Thankyou Jelly” said Mr Star and he gave Jelly a big hug.

”Your welcome Mr Star, but don’t do that again or I will call the fish police and you will be sentenced to a lifetime in a fish tank with all the other bad fish” said Jelly.

“Ok” says Mr Star.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!