Day At The Beach

Day at the Beach
Harry really wanted to go to the beach. He was running around crazily screaming that he wanted to go. Mum said yes but we had to be careful because of what happened last time.
Last time, we were at the beach something really bad happened…
‘Beep, beep!’ is the noise we heard from the cars behind us.
“Come on mum, hurry up, I want to go swimming.” Screamed Harry loudly from the back seat.
We unpacked all the heavy things out of the car. Harry ran off towards the sand, and picked up a big handful and chucked into the air.
“Ahh, there’s sand in my eyes!” screamed Harry
Mum went and helped Harry while I carried the rest of the heavy things from the car. Harry and I went swimming. When we were walking back to Mum, I turned around and Harry was gone.
I went looking for him but I couldn’t seem to find him, I called out… then I heard a noise. I hear someone calling my name, I kept running up the beach then I see a little boy down near the water? I went to investigate. It’s Harry! I reached for his hand and took him back to Mum. A couple of hours later, we go swimming again. We were out in the water swimming around having lots of fun then I look up to see if mum was still there or if she had gone to get lunch. But when I looked up, no one was at the beach. I wondered what had happened to everyone?
I look down along the beach and everyone was there so I get out of the water and walk back to Mum. We were walking back, Harry normally talks all the time but I couldn’t hear him, so I just thought he was busy doing boy things. We see Mum and she has some lunch, so we kept walking back to her. We stopped along the way and played in the sand, eventually arriving back to Mum.
“Umm where’s Harry?” Mum asked
“He’s rights here.” I say, as I turn around to realise that I’ve lost him again.
I go walking back up to where I came from. I found him, we started walking back.
When we got back to Mum, Harry sees that she has some chicken nuggets, fish and chips.
“Ooo, food” says Harry excitedly.
“Yep, eat up.” Mum replies.
After lunch, Harry and I play in the sand for many more hours. I bury Harry in the sand and we go for one last swim. We were doing flips and jumping over waves, then all of a sudden, the Ambulance turns up and the lifeguards ask everyone to leave. Harry and I go help Mum pack everything up and go home. While we were driving home we listened to some music. When we got home everyone had a nap and were thankful to be home, safe and sound.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!