Voices From The Stars

A shiny object fell from the dark sky. It landed in a pile of dust beside a country road. It sat there looking lifeless for a few seconds, but then lit up like a star and floated in the air for a moment, observing the surroundings. Its battery was low, so it dropped to the ground. It was tired and needed to recharge. It turned on charging mode and lay there resting...
“Mum, I’m going out for a walk!” Yelled a boy across a hallway.
“Don’t be long, Tom! It’s already 6p.m.” she replied.
The boy walked out and turned on his phone. A red screen popped up with a strange, shiny object on it and some sort of address. Tom turned off his phone and switched it back on again, but the object stayed there. Then Tom realised something! The object looked like it was high tech.
As he walked hesitantly, Tom thought in his mind ‘I hope this isn’t a prank.’ He kept on following the directions, constantly scanning the area with his eyes.
When Tom arrived, he looked around. He was in the middle of an old road. As he stepped closer to the other side of the track, his phone started beeping. He looked around and noticed a metal object. The same one that was on his phone’s screen! He picked it up. What looked like its eyes, popped open drowsily. This scared Tom. The droid floated into the air and swiftly flew into Tom’s hands, then went to sleep again. Tom gently slipped it into his bag. Suddenly, the screen lit up in red. This time it showed a different technological, robotic piece. Tom stared in disbelief. He muttered to himself, “Is this some kind of a mission?”
Next, Tom arrived outside a shaggy, old barn. The compass on his phone pointed at a birch tree. Tom looked up and saw a piece of the robot on the highest branch. He attempted to grab the piece, but only succeeded on his fourth try. The piece was instantly attracted to the droid like a magnet.
Within the next hour, Tom found six more similar segments. His phone flashed one more time, only now the image showed a mechanical chamber. Tom followed the directions and found himself in a gloomy cave. Confused and scared, he placed the partly built droid on a pedestal found in the middle of the chamber. Suddenly, the cave started shaking. The tiny droid slowly transformed into a huge spaceship which floated up in the air. With great power, it lit up and flew into the starry sky at the speed of light.
On the way home, tired but excited, Tom couldn’t stop thinking about the risky adventure he had just had. He wondered if he should share this story with his friends. Would they believe him?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!