When I Met Medusa


It all happened at three in the morning and as you all know, three in the morning is more commonly called witching hour. That said, I heard a weird sound, that sort of made a scratching noise at my closet door, Scratch, scratch, scratch… I thought it was very peculiar because I don’t recall ever putting anything alive or dead in the closet that's when I heard it again, but this time it was louder. Scratch, scratch, scratch! It kept getting louder and louder until it was disrupting the whole city in chaos. Then all of a sudden everything went dead silent. Suddenly, a shining light that was as hot as the sun suddenly came streaming down on me from my closet door, and it sort of looked like a portal for a second, but then I realized that it actually was indeed a portal. Then a lady magically appeared out of nowhere. She was screaming "she's coming for me, the witch is coming for me!" At first I was confused , but I asked her the three burning questions that popped into my head that second, "Who is ‘she’?" "What is ‘she’ doing to you?" and "What does ‘she’ look like?" I recall to get just three single answers out of her, " Witch," " Stone eyes," and the one that mattered the most out of all three of them was " Snake hair." she managed to say, still trembling with fear. Through those words, the only one reasonable answer popped into my head, MEDUSA. Then all of a sudden I realized that this lady looked somewhat familiar. She had beautiful blonde locks of hair tied up into a ponytail, the most emerald green eyes in the world, and was wearing the piece of armor that was on my mum’s wall in her house at mount Olympus this was no ordinary person i was looking at this was my mum, Athena, the goddess of war strategy and wisdom. I screamed at my mum saying that she could just use her powers, but then I realized that running away from old, tall, skinny, stubborn, and mad ladies wasn’t exactly her forte.
We could feel Medusa coming through the portal because all of a sudden the room went pitch black and we could feel the icy chills and aura she had put into the room.
My mum made the mistake of turning around first I of course turned around and tried to cover up mum's face with my hands so she would not turn into a living stone statue, like some other gods and goddesses have. Instantly, at that exact moment, Medusa was standing right in front of us. I made the mistake of looking directly into her eyes.A shiver went down both of our spines as she cackling madly with a creepy, evil grin from ear to ear pinned onto her face. That was the last thing I could and still can remember, just as everything turned as pitch black as Medusa’s soul...


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!