The Day I Fell Into A Book

It’s just a quiet Saturday evening. There’s nothing to do, so I made myself a hot chocolate and snuggled in my bed with my favourite book, "The Haunted House".

I felt something creeping .”What’s on my arm?”. Nothing there. Suddenly, things became blurry. I felt dizzy for a moment and then I felt like I was getting sucked into a vacuum! Soon, I start to float.
“Do you want to play hide and seek?” asked a faint voice. “Where are you?! Reveal yourself!”, I yelled. I landed with a thud in a dark forest with numerous trees and sticks.

I ambled carefully to see if I can find anything useful. I fumbled around and touched something metal and cold. A bunch of keys! Picking them up, I walked ahead and bumped into something hard and black. It was a gate. Well… more like an agitated looking gate to me. Although it didn’t look friendly, I thought maybe, just maybe I can find someone who can help.

Before I could open the doors, something hissed, ”I can see you!” It was the same voice as before!
“W-where are you? Anyone here?”. For a moment, I thought it was Pennywise from the movie It . I thought I was being a bit stupid.I tried to open the gate, but it wouldn’t budge, and that’s when I realised, “Oh! That’s what the keys are for!” After opening the gate, I saw a terrifying black mansion. It had gargoyles everywhere and quite suddenly, the main one looked at me! “Aaarrgghh!!!”

I screamed as the lightning struck beside me! The door of the mansion suddenly opened with a growl, and evil black bats started flying out and all over the place. “Hugh! Stupid bats!!” I thought.

I walked into the tall and terrifying house and looked for help. I saw a broken doll in the corner that was holding two broken doll heads and they started moaning as BLOOD covered them up. “Eeek!” I gulped, shaking and shivering.

“Do you need help?” asked the same voice as before. “S-stop giving me questions a-and give me answers!” I pleaded. The person slowly walked up to me and I froze like an ice block. He had a black coat and swirling tentacles behind his back... IT WAS SLENDER MAN!!”ARGH!
Stay away from me!” I shouted. “Why should I? Give me one reason why I should!” He asked in a creepy voice as he tangled me around with his tentacles and hung me upside down on the wall and grabbed a knife. “MU HA HA HA HA!!!” he laughed wickedly . I felt the knife jutting into my stomach. “Nooooo!”, I screamed.

I woke up screaming. I was in bed with my book’s corner jutting into my tummy. It was 3:00 AM in the morning! I quickly threw my book out of the bed and tried to sleep. I never wanted to get a book like that ever again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!