The Golden Doorway

I pull myself through the tangled undergrowth until finally I find a small patch of leaf there I lay struggling to catch my breath. something catches my eye, flecks of gold wisp above my head I stand up and start making my way to the source of the constantly coming flecks of gold. my foot hit something it looks like a slab of stone I think there are more a little ways ahead I keep walking, I think I can make out the shape of a huge tree. It looks like the flecks of gold are coming from that direction I start walking towards the tree I am exited I break into a run then I trip tumble and then I just lay there sprawled on the ground. I got back up I put my hand on the rigid bark feeling all the cracks and ripples of this huge and ancient tree. Gold light started glowing as I walk forward the glow gets brighter until it became blinding I shield my eyes with my hand. Then I see it a doorway a doorway to? I was too exited to think I stepped forward I felt nothing I saw nothing but heard the voice of my my Mum! I opened my eyes to see the loving eyes of my Mum. Time to get up!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!