The Princess And The Pellet

Once upon a time, in a guinea pig kingdom far far away, lived a prince guinea pig called Latte. His fur was the smoothest out of all guinea pigs, he was white with apricot spots and he had brown eyes. He had travelled around the world to find a princess, but none of them was a real princess, so he headed back to the kingdom sadly. King Coconut, a guinea pig with very fluffy black fur, a tan marking and dark blue eyes, asked if Latte had found anyone. Latte said ''no''.
One day, clouds rolled over the kingdom and a massive storm broke out. Someone knocked on the city gates and squeaked loudly. As the doors opened, a beautiful long haired black and white guinea pig with blue eyes stood in front of the gates. My goodness how wet she was! Her long fur stuck to her body and it trickled down onto the floor.
“Who are you?” King Coconut asked.
“I am princess Ella, but I am a real princess.” She said.
“We’ll just see about that!” Said Dawn, a dusty pale orange and yellow guinea pig who was the Queen. Queen Dawn ran to the guest room and put a pellet onto the bottom of the bed then put 20 hay filled mattresses on top of it. It was the room Ella was going to sleep in!
So, Ella slept that night and in the morning the Queen asked how she slept.
“Oh, I couldn’t sleep at all last night! Something was disturbing me! Let me see what it is!” Princess Ella said. She moved the mattresses and saw a pellet.
“Oh, it was a pellet! What a tasty snack!” She gobbled it up and the guinea pigs gasped.
“She must be a real princess!” King Coconut said.
So, Prince Latte and Princess Ella got married and you can see the pellet at your local museum!
But its not the same pellet, it is Ella’s pellet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!