Spoilt Girl

Spoilt Girl by Zoe Maccabi

On the bright side of town lives a happy little girl named Charlotte. I am sad to say that she is the happiest girl in the world! Why? Her father and mother are rich because Charlotte’s father is a C.E.O of an international company and her mother a physicist.

If ever you write a letter to her must write it neatly and ensure it is a formal, if not, she will rip your life apart! Respect her and adore her; if you don’t she will rip you up. You must respect her like royalty!

Now, if you think she is not so spoilt yet, I will tell you what she has:
She has a big mansion with gold sparkles, dolls, a pool, spa, playground, 100 blocks of land and so many animals including an elephant, giraffes, horses, zebras…dogs and guinea pigs.

Now, you see how spoilt she is. Her mother gives her $5,000 a day, and she spends it all in one day!

This is where the problem starts. Imagine you only have $10 in your bank account, now you spend 50c and then you have less money. Her father and mother are lose money because they always give it to Charlotte. Her parents cannot pay their bills anymore. Now they have had to move often till they downsized to an apartment.

“What have you done?” cried Charlotte, while setting up a shop outside to sell their stuff. “Don’t you dare yell at me!” said her father. Then the fight began. “Fortune cookies?” interrupted Mother. As Charlotte cracked opened the cookie it said, “Your revenge will come.” What a weird note she thought and in the bin she threw it; not worried.

When she went back to school she found her friends and quickly ran up to them but they ignored her and giggled. As she entered the hallways everyone was looking at her, trying not to laugh. “What’s so funny?” she thought to herself. As she started to walk the children laughed at her until the teachers came and said, “Get back to class!” The children screamed, “Rich to poor! Rich to poor! Ha! Ha! Ha!”

The day was a disaster. They even got a cardboard box for her and made her sit in the corner. At the end of the day, she asked, “Where’s my limo!” “Poor girl! Poor girl!” boomed the children. The day couldn’t get any worse.

As she walked home she found out she was much poorer than she thought. They moved to a cardboard box! So that means no school, no friends, no house…no anything she thought to herself.

Eventually, her father and mother got jobs and got enough money to buy an average-sized house. So, the moral of this story is to be wise and kind, don’t waste your money on stuff you don’t need. Also, school is not a popularity contest, you are there to learn and most importantly be thankful for what you have.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!