Peace

Peace. It’s a strong word. But when we try to achieve it, do we know that we really mean it cos it’s hard. Hard to come together, to fight off all the bad things, so bad we cannot measure… the extent of all these problems like global warming creating bad weather. Or the simple fact that even inequality isn’t enough to bring us all together. The Amazon rainforest, burning. Our polar ice caps, the habitat of million of animals, melting. Global warming and greenhouse gases, eroding our ozone layer. This environmental disaster is a ticking time bomb. BOOM!
But at the end of the day see there is one thing we all lack, the peace between our nations that is feeding this attack. Not attack from each other but from us using the resources that’s creating a heavy load. A load that soon will be great enough to make our beautiful planet, implode.
Now this may sound quite extreme but I believe that we really need to come together, need to fight it, need to get out of our bedrooms, but yes it’s hard.
Hard to turn around these mistakes that have built up over hundreds of years, we need to be facing our fears, I know it’s hard. But the reason I’m talking about this is because I’m trying to help, trying to fix it, trying to slow this process down before our planet sort of kicks it.
But it’s nothing crazy, not a mad scientist ray gun that’ll fix our atmosphere or cool down ice caps making all our problems disappear. No, it’s simple, just a proposition to make a vision, to solve a fission of bad decisions.
But yes it’s hard, hard to simply come together and ignore the simple fact of the simple act that is simply out to get us. We can’t reverse what we’ve created but we can try to go out and make it, a better, place.
So I mean how do I end this, well I think it’s simple, the point I’m trying to get across is that just like this slam poem our planet is ‘bout to get slammed. This downward spiral that was definitely not planned. But believe me when I tell you that it’s getting out of hand, you know, I’m mad!
The fact that I can’t do much as an individual, because the only way we’re gonna get anywhere is if we each put in our fair share. Remember. Peace, it’s a strong word, but when we try to achieve it do we know that we really mean it.
Yep. That word peace, that right now means we come together to do what’s right, to start the fight that we need to ignite, that light in our hearts. So think to yourself right now, “How can I do the right thing to help our environment”. I’ll leave that for you to work out, but for now, our fight has barely begun, it might not be fun, but we really need to get it done.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!