Warfare

As I packed for the mission, me and my best friend volunteered to head to Gallipoli because word had been sent out the there was big military exertion. As I treaded on to the burning abyss, I caught my best bud howling like a wolf to get attention. Alex muttered “ Ryan wait up, can’t you wait until we get home you’ll see your little sister and I’ll run into Gemma’s arms.” As soon as Ryan heard, He remembered the promise He gave to Gemma “bring him back”. As soon as everyone was aboard we launched of to the moon.

It had been an tedious and a vexing journey to Gallipoli but when we landed, it was either kill or be killed, as me and Alex ran to cover but some of us were severely injured . We quickly assisted to help built barracks for cover but we were ambushed by the enemy as they had eyes of an hawk. I could hear each shot as they were the sound of thunder. We had no back up but are own brethren, we’d fight until a last breath or our spirit is broken. Finally we had a dexterous and dangerous plan but Alex and me were divided to different teams. The plan was to distract and then storm the enemy with what we had left.

The plan was that my team would distract the prey as the predators and ambushed the enemy with a burning wildfire. The plan was going as sound as can be but then I saw hell itself the predators became the prey as they had been trapped and outsmarted by the opposition. I could smell the burning flesh and taste the acidic and ashy smoke. I could only hope that faith was on my side, that my promise would not be broken or that I had not lost my only friend.

As each named was called out for the casualties, my heart would stop beating than race up again. Then I finally knew the true meaning of loss, as they called out my friend’s name Alex Rodney. I could feel that one part of me was gone, that the enemy were not the monsters but I was, I had not just failed my promise but I failed my country and myself. I felt a rage that no one could know. I felt a thirst of blood that will never be satisfied until I erase all those who dare defy me but to stop them from doing it to anyone else for they don’t knowing the pain and darkness that has infiltrated my death forsaken heart. I declared to my fellow comrades that I would see them to heaven or the darkest part of hell itself. As I launched out of the hole and yelled out to those who dare defy me, I felt and knew god was on my side. I shouted “Come at me!!!”As I let the bullets fly…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!