The Clocks Ticking

The Clocks Ticking

“Swerve left… Swerve right… Uppercut… Duck… Left again… At his head,go for his head!”
“Adam can I stop now I've been training for 3 hours now,”
“Yes Ben you may stop now, you’ve done well… wait one more thing before you go,”
“What is it?’’
“Tomorrow at training I want you to pick any boxer in the world to challenge,”
“Any?”
“Any,”

Ben is a 16 year old boxer who is coached by professional boxer Adam Kaoullas. Ben’s dream is to one day be the best boxer in the world and Adam had just given him the chance to do that, but right now all Ben wants to do is to get home and finally eat something because 3 hours of boxing sure does work up an appetite.
“MUM! Get dinner on the table i’m home!” screams Ben the moment he walks in the door.
“What's the magic word!” replies Ben's mum
“Please!” screams Ben clearly annoyed.”

When Ben returned to his room belly full his mind straight away switched to who he wanted to box. The thing was, he wanted to beat the best and be the best, but at the same time he didn’t want to lose, probably break every bone in his body and most importantly he wanted to be able to walk down the street without people pointing at him and telling their friend that that was the kid who got bashed up by the best in the world. But he realised that he didn’t care about the negative stuff he just focused on the positive.

The next day at training Adam asked him who he wanted to box. Ben replied “The best,”
“Sorry Ben I'm injured you can’t box me for another 2 months,” said Adam with a laugh
“Haha very funny, you know who the best is,” replied Ben annoyed
“Yes I do but are you sure? You know Muhammad hasn’t lost a fight since becoming the best right?” Adam said with fear in his voice
“Yes...Yes I do” replied Ben with confidence.
“Right-io sign here, here and here… done I'll contact Mohammad’s manager right away, go start training I’ll be there in about 10 minutes”
“Kk”

DING DING “FIGHT”
“Swerve left… Swerve right… Uppercut… Duck… Left again… At his head,go for his head… Now body… Now head… Body… Head… Finish him!!!
DING DING “There we have folk’s a 16 year old amateur 5 minutes ago is the CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!”
“I did it I really did it I beat Muhammad Ali,” Screams out Ben “Hey Muhammad FALL LIKE A BUTTERFLY DIE LIKE A BEE WHO IS THE WORST MUHAMMAD ALI!!!!”
“Hey there my little champion” shouts out Adam
“Adam!! Hey thanks for everything I owe this all to you,”
“No you don’t your the champion, your the best, not me not Muhammad but you,”
“Thanks Adam,”
“Come on, let's go celebrate with your family!”
THE END




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!