The Horrible Race

Swoosh! The wind brushes against my face as I ride into the sun and over the muddy dune on my trusty motorbike. I zoomed around the mud-splattered racecourse without warning I was suddenly holding on for dear life.
Earlier, that day my family and I were having a picnic in Botany Bay. It was a lovely, warm day. Birds were chirping in the trees; we were so relaxed. Next minute my head was pounding as I flew over the crest of the hill. I could taste the dirt that had been blown under my helmet. I could feel the sweat pouring down my back, my palms were sweaty – I had my eyes on the next jump. This was my time to shine!
Not all plans work out that easily though. Suddenly a big hairy, scary, grizzly bear was staring into my soul and I was fighting for my life. I was running for my life! I hid under a burrow as the bear slowly walked past me, my heart was pounding, my mouth was dry. I started to creep away but he suddenly turned, ready to pounce, sniffing out his prey…me! His eyes were staring right at me. I rushed up the tree which he started to shake with his enormous paws. It was like he hadn’t eaten for years and now he was in killer mode. Five hours od my clinging to a branch, and the sun started to set. He grew tired and walked away. This was my chance to escape. I climbed down and ran like there was no tomorrow.
I found my trusty, rusty motorbike lying on the muddy dune. The engine started. “Yes” I shouted with relief. I raced off into the sun and saw a welcoming cottage in the distance. Safety! The words rumbled out of me as I explained what had happened.
Before I had time to rest there was a ding dong at the door. “Ahhhl,” the grizzly bear was back but this time I was prepared…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!