The Wanted Four

One there was a group of Russians called the Wanted Four. The group’s people were John, Anny, Ella and Andro.
They disliked the way the government was running Russia. They were kicked out of St. Petersburg and into Siberia. Andro thought of a plan. “What about we sneak into Moscow and pretend we are four homeless people.” John didn’t think it was a good idea. The rest of the group agreed with Andro’s idea which stumped him. He decided to stay.
John helped Anny, Ella and Andro build a treehouse. It was 9 o’clock by the time the ladder was finally built and placed on a nearby tree. “Anny, do you think Ella is too keen on telling people what to do?” John said. Anny fired back puzzled, “It’s in her blood remember? She is descended from a past Soviet leader. Of course she will feel like she has some authority here.” Ella looked at them darkly, clearly offended by what they had said.
Andro and Ella slept together as usual but Ella sat up thinking about the best way to sell out her friends. Andro didn’t know what Ella was thinking and when he asked her she said, “It’s personal stuff”. Andro decided to ask John who responded with, “She was a guard of the Berlin Wall and loves Communism to bits.” Andro was shocked by what Ella had been and wanted to tell Ella that he knew her secret but decided to keep quiet for now.
In the middle of the night there were sounds of footsteps occurring outside of the treehouse. Everyone woke up and looked worried except for Ella who seemed to be relishing in the moment that was coming. One of the mysterious people said, “Come out of the treehouse now, we mean no harm”. “That is a piece of s*it lie,” retorted John. Anny was about to say “Calm down” before Ella tackled her to the ground. “I knew you never let go of your true faith!” Anny yelled. Ella punched her so hard she fainted.
Anny woke up in the same spot she was when she was punched. John was still fighting Ella when he realised that she was standing very close to the edge of the treehouse. He managed to push her off the ledge and onto the snowy ground with a really hard thud. The people who came to the tree ran away. Andro shrieked when Ella was pushed. Anny was extremely shocked. “Why the hell did you do that?” yelled Anny. “She was going to get us all killed,” said John. “Well it is over anyhow,” Andro said with a heavy sigh. The mystery people had vanished by the time everyone saw Ella die.
Since then the Wanted Four had disappeared from Russian history. Some historians say the group is still out in Siberia and others say they are already in Moscow. But no one knows for sure where John, Anny or Andro are. Hopefully they are still alive somewhere.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!