Fur And Feathers

Late one afternoon, a kangaroo challenged an emu to a football game. But first, Jeff had to get a football team. So he made a team down Walgett Way. Both teams were ready, you could see it in their eyes.
Bob called Jeff and all his emu friends butterfingers every time they dropped the ball. The whistle blew and Bob’s team kicked off to Jeff’s team and the crowd went crazy because of how big the kick was. Jeff’s team caught the ball and made a line break and managed to run 60 metres. The crowd was surprised how far the emus had run. The pass from dummy half was called forward, ‘beep’ the whistle blew. ‘Forward pass’ Tim screamed. ‘Beep, beep and beep’ he wouldn’t stop blowing the whistle. ‘Get out of here’ both team captains shouted. This time when he blew the whistle it was a decent call because it was half time. The emus and kangaroos made a plan and the plan was to get rid of the referee because he kept blowing the whistle and stopping the game so then no one had a chance to score. He was the worst referee ever.
The kangaroos kept scoring tries which was bad luck for the emus. The kangaroo captain, Bob ran down the field like fire and leapt above an emus head and scored a try. The score was 5-0. Then all of a sudden the emus scored a try and the crowd went crazy 5-1. Then they score again and again and again until it is 5-4. Then the crowd were cheering hoping that the emus would score 2 more tries. The emus scored again to make it 5- 5 and the crowd went wild. ‘15 seconds to go!’ shouted Tim. ‘10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0’ the crowd screamed. The emus have a possible chance of winning. So the referee had a look at the replay, ‘beep’ the whistle blew. ‘Try!’ shouted the referee. The crowd ran onto the field cheering because the emus had won. The emus had won 5-6.
Both teams finished the game happily and feasted on native foods. ‘You’re not such a bad team after all’, exclaimed Bob to Jeff. And the referee flew away up a tree.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!