Magic Shop

We walked through the dark alleyway, towards the booth, holding our agonising memories. We walked to the booth. As we became closer towards it, it became clearer. It was a small black ticket booth with golden words in italics. Magic Shop.

As we were half a metre away, the shutters of the stall opened wide open. A dark figure standing behind the glass. The figure was draped in a black cloak that was embroidered with golden design on the corners of the clothing. The cloak’s hood covered half of the figure’s white and gold masquerade mask. There was no turning back. We are here at the Magic Shop.

Kim walked towards the booth first, her grip on the bar had tightened. Her forehead had beads of sweat, her teeth clenched and there was fear in her eyes. This was it! There was no going back now. She handed the hidden attendant her memory. She wanted to get rid of it. The attendant walked away. Its cloak looked very weathered but strong, like it went through many battles but was still standing for another one, one last one.
The attendant came back with an antique golden key.
The attendant handed Kim the key, revealing its pale, slender fingers.
Kim gave a quizzical look to Cindy and then to the attendant.
‘I give you this key, for it shall help you open the doors that were once closed to you.’ The voice of the attendant was angelic and soothing.
Kim looked into Cindy’s chocolate brown eyes with hope. A small smile appeared on Kim’s lips.
Cindy walks up handing her cracked phone. Her stomach flipped as she nervously waited for the masked figure to come back with her trade. But to Cindy’s surprise, the attendant came back with a hair tie.
Cindy looked at her, puzzled.
‘You must show yourself. You’ll find that better things happen when you show yourself.’
Cindy walked back. Show Yourself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!