Night Mare

Night Mare
Fern was walking home from Aunt Melissa’s after the funeral party at an expensive restraint, Fern couldn’t bear celebrating her life or passing. That minute it turned to midnight; all was silent but then a mystical black beauty horse charged at her.
Fern was 10 years old, same with her friends. She had 3 other siblings; Miya 8 years old, Lacey 12 years old, and Bobby 6 years old. She has beautiful green eyes and lovely, lush, brown, silk hair. Her heart is pure and sensitive.
The horse went to a halt right in front of Fern and looked her right in her jagged eye. Fern was hypnotised and climbed onto the black Mare’s back. Black Beauty Fern thought, that’s her name. Black Beauty galloped toward a great massive oak tree “Whoa! Stop, stop!” Fern wailed. Black Beauty went inside the tree, it was galaxy inside with portals that had signs saying different events in the past, but it also had… other worlds too! Fern steered Beauty into ‘The Imaginary Friend World’’ Beauty cantered to that world.
Beauty halted, they were in a land of gummy bears and rainbows. Fern blew a whistle and a charming little boy ran up to them. “Sam climb on I’ll show you my world!’’ called Fern. They went back and the horse ran away, Sam went home to sleep. Fern was walking home when an elderly bloke walked up to her “Hello madam Fern, I’m William Shires the III but call me Will I retired to be a prince in 1922, its true I’m older than 100.” Will explained “you and Maxie are the chosen ones, something from the imaginary world has destroyed half of our human race history, his name is Swarm. Sam you need to defeat him and peace will be restored,” he walked off. A note fell on the ground it said ‘You’ll meet Maxie tomorrow at Wilson Docks 5:30pm‘. She took it and went home.
That next day she threw Sam out of her house. Then she slipped on her pink roller skates, a purple jump suit, blue backpack, and her phone with an orange case. She skated to the docks “Oh no ones here but its 5:45?” She wondered. Maxie suddenly walked onto the docks, they looked out to the ocean “Hello Madam Fern, hello Sir Maxie, Beauty will be here in a moment so you must get everybody to fight against the imaginary world and defeat them to save our race,” he quirked. Then he disappeared in the bushes. “Hey Maxie, I guess we’ll be working together for a bit,” she said then a big planet clashed to earth. “Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!” Sam laughed “I declare war against earthlings”. Then everyone began to fight. Violence pierced the air for months…… Finally Fern knew “Beauty has to kick.” She sighed “we’ll do this together 1, 2, 3 MARE NOW!” He yelled. She kicked as everyone fell. The mare dropped a tear on everyone’s head.
12 CENTRIES LATER. Fern pushes the covers off and wakes up Maxie. “We did it its 2020 Maxie we did it!” she yells. “We did?” He whispers faintly as they jump around on the hospital floor.”
The End,” 36-year-old Maxie says to his kids. “Come on Hun it’s our anniversary of how we saved the day years ago!” 34-year-old Fern says. “Of course, my darling wife”
“The end!!!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!