Unanswered Demise

Life has many mysteries that men and women are yet to uncover, the main mystery being death. Is death something that we should be afraid of or something that we should greet? Is it something that is supposed to relieve our pain or only strengthen it? I have never pondered on what the answer to death is, but watching the crimson trail of blood form into a pool, it is the only thing that seems to be on my mind.
Will anyone miss me when I’m gone? Will anyone cry and try to deny the truth of my misfortune? Will anyone care that a nobody like myself had left? A normal family should automatically miss a loved member, but what if a family isn’t normal? How would a family that relies on toxic substances to get them through each day react to a nobody in their family dying? Would they even care that a goodbye wasn’t shared? As the pool grows, the torture of death continues. Who decides what way death gets to us? Who decides what type of death men and women have to endure before they are gone? Some may go for the religious approach that God is watching out for us and doing what is best for each of us. Others may say that it is fate and that everything happens for a reason. I believe that it is much bigger than both of those beliefs. It is something that no one can grasp the concept of since people would rather live in their own perfect world than know the truth. My belief is that we are all pawns in a game of chess; no one can make their own decisions. Only one person can make decisions and that person is one who enjoys seeing pain on people’s faces as they learn that life isn’t fair to anyone. Not to the wealthy, not to everyday heroes, and certainly not to ordinary people. As I feel each breath slip away, as I see my skin grow paler, as I count the seconds before I am met with darkness, I know that even in my last few seconds, I or anyone else who wonders about death, will never know the answer to the mystery.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!