Haunted House

We are driving up to our new house. I leap out of the car in excitement and race to the door not looking at the neighbourhood behind me. My parents unlock the door. All of a sudden, I remember I left my precious puppy in the car. After getting her out of the car I turn around and see this haunted house across the road. The house looked like no one had lived there for thousands of years. I run inside and go straight into my new room. Entering, I see heaps of boxes surrounding my room and cobwebs on the walls. I start constantly sneezing from the dusty room I am going to live in.
It is 9:00 at night and I am still awake looking over at the old, creepy house. “Darling, are you going to go to sleep yet?” Mum asks with curiosity. “I’ll go to bed soon, just doing some research” I lie to Mum. She walks away yawning as loud as a siren. I turn around and continue watching the house until I decided to go to bed. The next morning, I run straight outside to look at the house. I quietly walk up to the house. I step onto the driveway and all of a sudden, the door swings right open. I slowly walk towards the door and go inside.
It’s pitch black and I can’t see or hear a thing apart from the creaking of my footsteps on the old wooden planks. I hear a creaking noise coming from the room down at the end of the tight hallway in front of me. I walk closer and closer until I am right in front of the door. It randomly opens by itself and inside there is this little light coming from a torch. I go up to it and find a piece of paper under it. It reads: Get OUT! Go Away from This House! It Is HAUNTED!!! Don’t Ever Come Back in This House or You Will Be in Big Trouble! I quickly run for my life but the front door locks on me and I am trapped.
Walking around the house, I go exploring down to the back of the house to see if I can escape. I couldn’t get as that door was jammed. After a while of searching the house to find an escape I gave up and sat down on the old dusty couch. A rattling noise is coming from the old bedroom to the left of me. I creep closer to the room to find an ornament swing in the wind, but how is it blowing if the window is shut. Something pulls me back and chucks me in this dark, smelly basement. I hear I quiet, soft voice behind me. “Get out now or I will trap you in here FOREVER!!!” whispered the voice in the room. The door flung open and I ran out as quick as I could and I never returned to the Haunted House again.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!