Sammy goes to the olympics

On January the 18th 2000 in Sydney there was a little snail. He wanted to be an athlete. He trained every day after school day and night. His room was full of Olympic posters, he even had proper Olympic shoes. When he got older he signed up on the Olympics board. The next day he checked the board and he saw his name was up on the board. He jumped for joy. Sammy the snail and his family had a party and they packed Sammy’s bags. They went outside to watch the stars and they had a glass of wine to celebrate. After about an hour Sammy went to bed.

The next day when Sammy got out of bed he got some pancakes for breakfast, then he got his bags and went to the airport. He bought a car magazine to read and a cherry ripe to eat while he waited for his plane.

About an hour later his plane turned up. He got on the plane and he fell asleep, it was about 12 o’clock in the morning. He dreamt about being in the Olympics in the 50 metres race and he won a big shiny medal. He fell out of his chair and then he woke up from dreaming about the Olympics. He felt a lot of bumps on the way and there was smoke coming from the main engine. The plane started to go down and Sammy the Snail was scared. He ran into the storeroom to get a parachute. He jumped out of the plane with his parachute on and when he pulled his parachute he landed on the ground in Brisbane. He was thinking, “Why am I in Brisbane?” He was thinking that he must have grabbed the wrong ticket.

Sammy went back to the airport to check to see if there were any more tickets to Sydney, built there wasn’t, they were all sold out.
“Mr Reinmuth,” someone called out to him, “we’ve been looking for you all over the place. Your mum said you must have taken the wrong ticket. Come now and hop in the helicopter, the Olympics are just about to start.” The person looking for Sammy told him she would tell him something when he got into the helicopter.

When Sammy got in the helicopter she said, “Do you know Benny from Brazil who is your greatest competition? He is not in the Olympics any more, he was disqualified for taking drugs.”

When Sammy got out of the helicopter in Sydney he started sliding towards the stadium when he fell down into a hole. He was stuck. About 5 minutes later Sammy’s mum and his wife, Sandy the Snail, were sliding to watch Sammy’s race at Olympic stadium when they heard Sammy calling out, “Help me, Help me, Help me!”

Sandy and Sammy’s mum found some rope by the hole and put it down to Sammy so he could climb out. Sammy was very excited to get out of the hole. He then quickly slid to the stadium and made it just in time, they just called his race out over the PA system.

Sammy got ready for his race, he only had 1 minute to get on the track or else he would be disqualified. Ten seconds to go!

“… and they’re off, Sammy’s competitor is in front, but wait there goes Sammy, he gets in front and Sammy wins the Olympic gold.”

That night they had a very big party with the Prime Minister of Australia. He came to congratulate Sammy on his outstanding achievement.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!