Darkness

As the wind rushes through my blond shimmering hair, I sit there. I stare at the beautiful ocean. But someone whispers my name. I quickly turn around. I stare at this one spot surrounded by trees. It stops. I get up and walk towards it.

I enter this calm looking sitting area and look around. No one. I see a box with a Pad-Lock on it. I pick it up. Nothing. As I start to put it down, I hear the thing from before. Julian, JULian, JULIAN. I drop the box. I back away very slowly. “Wh-whos there?” As the words stammer out of my mouth the wind picks up for a split second. “Julian” As it repeats my name over and over, I start to wonder. Am I hallucinating or is this real? Is any of this real? Or is it just a fake world. I forget those thoughts. I go back closer to the box and pick it up once more. I examine it, a bunch of scratches. On the bottom is a note. Or what's left of a note. It has 3 numbers on it 712. I try to think of those 3 numbers if I have seen them anywhere before. I don’t think of anything. I go back to my house. Rushing inside I see someone. A dark hooded figure. As I walk up to it, it disappears. “Spooky”, I say softly. I jump on my bed shaking the metal box. I don’t hear anything. I go and get my dad's super smasher. Basically, it’s his super strong hammer. I smash the Pad-Lock and it opens. I look inside and see nothing. As I stare into the emptiness of the box. The air starts darken. I quickly slam the lid shut. “I better get rid of this” I dash to the ocean jumping over fences, chairs and my neighbour's cat. I look at the ocean, count to 3 and throw it. I never need to see this again I think to myself. I wonder what that was all about. As I turn around and start to walk someone hits me from behind. Or something. Pitch Blackness.

The End!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!