The Fires Of Crow

On an island in the heavens two celestial fairies lived in a field of flowers, a tree in the centre, an apple tree with fruit shining like the brightest star in the night sky. Generations went by, people were evolving and learning so much. But the fairies did not engage with these mortals, holding as still as a rock. One day they awakened, opened their eyes, their skin was all white as snow, as were their wings. They also had no facial features at all and had no clothes.

They hovered just off the ground, they touched the tree, their faces emerged and they erupted with colour and emotion. Their faces turned to anger. One, with skin that shone like stars in a galaxy and a long red rose dress as well as blue eyes and a shiny black sword. The other, the colour of a sunset, with a blue dress and purple eyes with a sword that was purple too. They turned to see black crows swooping at one another, they beat their wings hard, soaring into the air, then, flapping towards the murder, the crows collapsed into a mist, then transforming into a black dragon with red glowing eyes it roared at them.

The wind blasted and they struggled vigorously, swords in hand, they plunged them into the beast's heart. It roared once more then exploded into ashes. The earth then shook, making the biggest earthquake ever recorded. It lasted for two days and when it ended the fairies colour drained, melting into puddles of rainbow goo. They disintegrated into ash. People on earth were perplexed by this event and questioned it. One day, they would become the most powerful creatures in the universe.

The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!