Oh no




Oh mum I reallyyy need to go to that party, I begged. No, you want to go, exclaimed mum angrily. Mum, I moaned, I’m thirteen I should be allowed. No, it’s far to late for you Shelby. Far out! I said as I stormed angrily up to my room. Parents can be so mean, I thought, as I slammed my door and threw myself onto my bed. It was six thirty and the party started at seven thirty, I had to think of a scheme. I sat for fifteen minutes on my creaky old bed thinking of a plan. Finally by six forty two I had my amazing plan. It would be hard work, but a genius like myself could definitely pull it off.

OH NO! I need to work out what to wear!!! I rumaged through my wardrobe and when I got to the end, I realized there was no reason to have looked through it in the first place, the answer was obvious. My bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding! It was perfect. Elegant but not too much, and it’s still comfortable. It’s silk and has a punky white spider jacket.

Ok. Its seven O’clock, lets swing into action. Two minutes latter I’m dressed and out the window. Sliding down the pipe, I suddenly hear an enormous ripping sound. I get to the bottom and discover a big problem.
The dress was ripped right through the centre from my left side strap to my right hip. OHO! I cried, mum won’t be happy. Reluctantly I climb back up the drain. I can’t go to the most exciting party like this, I’ll be killed by humiliation. I’m half way up, freezing to death, and wish I had a jumper. I’m going to die out here I thought. Ok. I’m at the top just a bit stuck. I finally get to the top and fall through the window with exhaustion.

I’ve got to fix the dress! How will I fix it? Mum will
kill me. What can I use? Sticky tape! Where did I leave it?
Think Shelby think! My top clothes draw. Got it! Let’s get started.
A bit here, a bit there, done. Oh no doesn’t look to good. What about glue,
Once I get this off. OH NO!!! I just made the hole twice as big.
Shelby! Called mum, from down in our kitchen. Cleo’s on the phone.
O.K be there soon, I yelled. The glue’s got to be under my bed somewhere. Got it!
It had better work on silk; it’s super glue so I suppose it will. I pasted it
on the dress and left it on my old wooden desk.

Half an hour latter.
I stomped up the stairs and slam my door. Mum made me hang up the phone (I said before, she’s mean) Now to check,
The dress.
OH NOOO!!! It’s stuck to the desk!!!!!!
By Lilly Mathuse.





















.





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!