Leave Her Alone

It all started as a normal day. I got ready and my mum drove my sister and I to school. I got there just in time for class. As usual I sat down and we did silent reading. The day seemed so perfect. How could it go wrong?

Recess time came round and my friends and I sat down at the benches under a tree and that's when we saw it... one of the older boys pushing around the new girl. My friends laughed but I didn't. At first i didn't know what to do so I just sat there confused. Then the bell rang so we walked back to class. I regretted that I didn't do anything and for the rest of the day I sat there pondering about what to do next. Ding! Then I had it! I had to stand up for her. No one deserves to be treated like that!

The next day, the same thing happened again. I kept thinking of what I'd say to him. He once again was cornering the girl. I confidently marched up to him and yelled out " EXCUSE ME! LEAVE HER ALONE!" He turned around and said "What are you gonna do about it?". Then he angrily threw a punch at me. I managed to doge him and that was when my friends knew it was getting real. They rushed to my side to help me defend the girl. It was easy fight to win because one of my friends had kicked him in an area which is the most painful part to kick... He fell on the floor and the teacher came rushing towards us. We were sent to the Principal's Office. He interrogated us and we told him what had happened. My friend got let off because she was helping to protect another student but the boy was reprimanded and got suspended. The principal thanked us for what we had done apart from kicking the boy. The girl came up to us. She was thankful and we eventually we became friends.

No one deserves to be treated like that so if you see someone being bullied stand up for them. If you're the bully just stop! You are going to get caught eventually and think would you want to be treated like that?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!