Fatima and the courages journey

This story is about courage and determination, it’s all about an eleven year old girl who’s village was bombed when she was a little girl she was the only person who survived the terrible bombings. Her name is Fatima and she now lives with her Grandmother, although her Grandmother is quite ill and needs medical attention immediately if she doesn’t she might die.
In Iraq they just don’t have the medical facilities so she is going to be shipped over to Australia except Fatima is not allowed to go with her so she had to figure out a way to get there.
“I know” she said “I will go to the markets and try to collect materials by scavenge through some rubbish bins” I will build a raft. So off she went and started to build her raft with wooden logs, some string, and tree bark for paddling.

Her Grandmother was leaving for Australia tomorrow she had only just finished her raft “thank goodness” she muttered under her breath. Her Grandmother didn’t know that Fatima was going to Australia, she would get such a shock when she would see Fatima in her hospital room, she would still be rapped to see Fatima though. “Well I suppose I better check that I have everything like food, fresh water, rags and just hopefully luck that the weather isn’t to bad and also that the currant and the tide will take me to Sydney Australia with fingers and toes crossed. The day finally arrived I said all my goodbyes to grandma and I cried and cried until I couldn’t possibly cry anymore “well I just said to myself I am going to see her again hopefully sooner rather than later.” “This is going to be a very hard long journey” Fatima sighed tiredly. So Grandma left five minutes before Fatima did. So off Fatima went and set sail. Week 1 Dear diary the first week hasn’t been too bad, the weather has been pretty good. Week 2 Dear diary this week has been horrible there was a bad storm and I slipped over and sliced open my arm quite badly. Week 3 Dear diary this week I caught eleven fish.

Today I spotted a huge big Australian fisheries boat so I hopped onto the top of my raft and started jumping and waving around frantically, finally the captain spotted me and stoped the boat with a loud screech went the brakes and surprisingly picked me up. I hoped up onto the boat when the captain said “G’day mate” in a very cheerful voice. Finally we arrived in Australia well actually a small town in Sydney named Bathurst. “Well I am sure this is where Grandma said she was going.” “Boy oh boy” was Grandma going to be surprised when she sees me.” Surprise I’ll say when I walk into her bedroom in the hospital.” She was absolutely gob smacked. After that she announced that we were staying in Australia.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!